This is in response to Making SVN trust a new root CA certificate. I wanted to write this there, but I can’t send comments due to a site error.
@GEEK: Thanks for starting this discussion. The previous comment is the one that helped me get my post-commit hook working with VisualSVN Server on an XP box. I was writing a hook to update my web directory from the SVN repo on every commit.
@Other contributors: Thanks for adding your comments which lead me to the right solution to properly make my server trust istself!
Just to consolidate the steps:
- Hit the repo in IE at whatever its address is; e.g. https://server:8443/path/to/svn/
- It will tell you the cert is untrusted. Click view certificates.
- click Install certificate…
- hit Next
- select Place all certificates in the following store
- click Browse…
- select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities
- hit OK
- hit Next
- hit Finish
- hit Yes, OK, OK, YES!
- restart VisualSVN server service Now your hooks on that machine should not have any issue updating from itself.